Child support withholding forms change

If you have to withhold child support from an employee’s paycheck, make sure you receive an official and updated Income Withholding Order. Every three years, the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement revises the standard Income Withholding Order, or IWO. All child support withholding orders must be issued on IWOs and the OCSE recently updated the form and instructions. In doing so, the OCSE sent the new withholding orders to every state administrator of courts and chief judge. If you receive a withholding order that is not on an IWO, you must reject it and return it to the sender. Request that the sender provide you with an IWO. Please call our office if you should have any questions.