Antares Group is a growing, dynamic full-service accounting firm with locations in Atlanta and Boston. We have approximately 95 associates that serve a nationwide base of quick-service restaurant owner/operators. We offer excellent benefits, a great work environment, and professional development opportunities. Antares Group has been named a Top Workplaces in 2018 by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and a Top 300 Firms in 2015 by INSIDE Public Accounting.
The Business Application Consultant is accountable for managing the applications supporting the Atlanta and Boston offices of a major restaurant and franchise accounting firm. The Business Application Consultant may directly manage a distributed team in the Atlanta and Boston offices of Business Systems Analysts and Business Support Analysts as well as direct client contact and third party contractors and consultants. The Business Application Consultant is the primary IT representative to the business functions aligned to their applications. This is a highly visible and influential role that supports a number of critical business processes. This position requires strong knowledge of both business process and technology to drive IT solutions that align with Antares Group’s business objectives.
The primary responsibilities include active application lifecycle management with a focus on rolling out the Enterprise Applications to all clients and internal divisions and ensuring the successful delivery of application enhancements and the delivery of new applications. The business application consultant will also partner with business leaders in quantifying business challenges and gaps and ensuring the business applications support business priorities.
Additionally, the consultant will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of quality and service and maintaining a strong communication channel with the business community and IT partners. The consultant will work collaboratively with peers from other application and technology domains on cross functional activities, in the definition and maintenance of application roadmaps, as well as process improvement initiatives tied to the business applications.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provides end to end oversight and accountability for the applications in their portfolio.
- Ensures that project work for their applications is properly scoped and meet business objectives with a high degree of quality.
- Provides estimates for functional deliverables for projects aligned to their applications.
- Reviews team’s deliverables to ensure quality and adherence to standards.
- Ensures team deliverables are compliant with functional standards and business applications processes.
- Leads the functional design process for complex solutions
- Maintains end user training materials and partners with super user community for any required revisions
- Acts as the primary contact point for IT engagement and escalations for their applications and/or business processes.
- Partners with business leaders and other IT teams on options to solve business problems including business requirements, solution options and approach; incorporates these components into a business case when required.
- Works with the Help Desk to understand application support metrics and identifies project and enhancement opportunities to improve application stability and the user experience.
- Ensures that team members are fully allocated; brings on third party resources as required.
- Provides resource supervision including but not limited to career development, behavioral management, goal setting, and performance evaluations.
- Provides guidance and sets best practices for their team.
- Partners with peers in the implementation and maintenance of cross functional and business applications.
- Performs other activities as assigned such as vendor RFPs, special projects, etc.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience related to the essential functions and responsibilities listed above.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills to frequently interact with all levels of the organization and clients.
- Excellent analytical ability to quickly gather facts, perform root cause analysis and draw conclusions in collaboration with other team members
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct within a distributed organization structure.
- Ability to manage conflict and hold people accountable.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
- Ability to work cross functionally within IT and the business.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, and fluid environment.
- Mentoring and coaching skills.
- Accounts Payable solutions application knowledge
Individuals at this level should have a basic understanding of accounting and bookkeeping. Above all, we are looking for individuals who demonstrate superior client service, can work well as a team, are detail-oriented, are flexible and open to new challenges, and are willing to grow with the firm.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.