The Ronald McDonald House Charities host a number of fundraisers throughout the year to provide a temporary place for families with children admitted to area hospitals to stay during that stressful time. We at Sparkmon & Associates, CPAs, are proud supporters of the Ronald McDonald House Charities around the Southeast and are honored to again help sponsor many of these upcoming fundraising events.
Below are some of the golf tournaments we are sponsoring over the coming months, and we invite anyone who enjoys hitting the links or who just wants to have a nice time and benefit a worthy cause at the same time to check them out:
- The 13th Annual Ronald Cup Celebrity Classic will be held April 30-May 1 Green Valley Country Club in Greenville, S.C. The fun kicks off with a Pairings “Par Tee” at 6 p.m. April 30 and the tournament tees off at 7:30 a.m. Friday May 1. Click here to learn more about the Green Valley Country Club.
- The Pirate Radio 1250 & 930 Golf Classic at Brook Valley Country Club in Greenville, N.C., also will be held April 30-May 1. This tournament should once again be a ton of fun and will benefit the Ronald McDonald House of Eastern North Carolina. An auction and reception will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday, April 30, with a shotgun start for the golf tournament at 10 a.m. Monday, May 1.
- The 23rd Annual Atlanta Ronald McDonald House Charities Golf Classic will be held May 9 at The Golf Club of Georgia in Alpharetta.
- The 15th Annual McDonald’s-Dr Pepper Charity Golf Classic in beautiful Johns Island, S.C., is benefiting the Ronald McDonald House of Charleston. We are pleased to be a sponsor of this great tournament again this year. The fun tees off Monday, May 22, at the Kiawah Island Club.
- The Red Jacket Classic in Memory of Charlie Glasgow will be held Sept. 29 at The Members Club at Woodcreek. This event will benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Columbia, S.C. . This great event will feature a helicopter golf ball drop, a raffle and other contests and prizes.
- Also in September is a unique fundraiser benefiting the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Norfolk. The Red Shoe on the Sea will be held from 7 to 10 p.m. at Nauticus, where the Battleship “Wisconsin” is featured. This family-friendly event will be a wonderful chance to visit a world-class attraction and raise money for a very worthy cause.